Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Photography

The previous entry was about creative writing. I'll get into that topic a little later on. I want to share my experience in another favorite topic of mine which is photography.

Well, I must say I'm not the type of person who would play around with the computer and tinker with the photos using Photoshop or something. I just take photos period. I mean I am an artist and photography and writing are two ways in which I can show my talents in the arts department.

Although I'm not much of that techie person but I know how to take pictures, that's for sure. I can prove it to you through my Facebook account or my Friendster account, take your pick. In Facebook, I took most of the pictures in THE E.J. FILE. And of course, the profile photos too. But there's one favorite subject of mine that I am very proud of - the sunrise in Taguig that's found in my Friends album. I knew I was at the right place at the right time then. And I had a camera with me so I took that majestic skyline, it was more like the dawning of a new day, the hands of God was really showing through the sky or something like that.

If you're a photographer, you would know the right timing and the right moment to take a picture. So, voila, I took the picture and you can see that it's really so beautiful. I knew that that moment would fade away in a few minutes so I had to capture it in my camera quickly. And, success! It's there in my Facebook and I can just stare at it in awe.

That's why I like being a photographer, not a subject or anything else, but THE photographer. I like to capture the moment and seize the excitement and share it with the world.

Well, right now, I don't get to practice photography that much that's why I must be rusty. But if you do get the chance to be in the right place at the right time, at the right moment, capture it because you'll only get it once. As they say, opportunity only knocks once. So better grab it before it goes away.

That's my photography story. Share yours with me. You're welcome to do so. I'll be waiting for them.

Thank you.

No comments: