Saturday, August 29, 2009

Facebook

Yes, I have a Facebook account. I like Facebook better than Friendster. That's because I have more friends in Facebook I haven't seen in a long time since high school and college, imagine that? And that's been like 20++ years already.

As I see it, Friendster is for the younger generation who would like to connect with younger people. Facebook is for a little bit older people who want to connect with their long-lost friends/classmates/relatives, et cetera.

I was actually quite lazy to start my Facebook account back then because I wasn't sure how to go about it. Or how it would turn out. When I started searching for friends and seeing more people are there, I got hooked on it. Even my daughter is into it. That's probably because of the games in Facebook.

And if you want to write something, you can just type it in your wall and it will be published in a few seconds. You will see people commenting on what you wrote after a few minutes. You could easily react to it too.

There's also the chat feature of Facebook. You can chat with your friends who's also online. That way, it's as if you're in Yahoo Messenger or MSN or Skype or what-have-you, and you get connected with that person wherever he/she may be.

The wonders of technology, huh?

But there's a warning there though. I saw in an article previously that people should be wary of what they say or post or include in their albums. Employers are now checking into Facebook accounts and sometimes see some unpleasant things about the applicant and decide not to hire that particular person. If I were you, I'd put my best foot forward even in Facebook so that even if I'm not looking for a job, I might be considered as an applicant and they won't find anything against me since I didn't post anything that would harm another person's reputation or ruin my own.

Let's just be on the safe side, shall we?

Thanks again for reading.

Have a good day, people!

No comments: