Saturday, September 5, 2009

What A Day!

Today started with a bang.  My son, Pierre and I had an argument about their going out today with his friends.  I argued that if he and his sister, Willi-Ann and their cousin, Jeremy went on an overnight trip to somewhere, E.J., my three-year-old daughter, and I would be left alone with my 75-year-old mother. 

I'm sure I wouldn't be able to handle a toddler and an old person at the same time.  Although my mom doesn't need any nursing or caring at her age since she can still stand up and walk around, but with care because she is having pain every time she walks or stands up too long.  She also has Bell's Palsy, where one side of her face has the inability to control facial nerves, as Wikipedia defines it.  So that side has sort of drooped already like the melting of a wax face.  It's actually hard to define.  

So my teenaged kids decided not to push through with their trip which they had already paid for.  I'm sure their friends would have been disappointed that their outing was cancelled.  They had planned this for weeks and this happens?  All because our maid was a no-show.  

Well, the weather isn't really cooperative at the moment since it's been raining and there's supposed to be a typhoon headed up north called "Labuyo."  

But after the shouting and everything, my son approached me and apologized and embraced me for shouting at me.  That made me cry even harder.  My son has always been like that ever since he was small.  He has great respect for his elders and that's what I'm very proud of in him.  He has moods and gets angry at times but after a few minutes, he realizes he made a mistake and tries to make up for it.  



My daughter has the same attitude and that makes me proud of them both.  We all have an open relationship and we are a close-knit family.  I stand as their mother and father at the same time.  

And my three-year-old has this attitude of eating Cerelac by herself in a plastic bowl and after she finishes eating, she puts the bowl into the sink on her own.  If I'm boiling water in the whistling kettle, once the kettle whistles, she'd volunteer to turn off the stove and does it well.    

My kids are really amazing, aren't they?  If I'm going to have my life all over again, I'd like to have them all as they are.  I wouldn't want to change anything in them.  I love them as they are and for what they will be.  Because they also love me for who I am.  Now, the tears are swelling in my eyes.  

That's how my day went.  

Thanks for reading. 

No comments: